Friday, September 5, 2008

Back To School!


Doesn't it seem that the older you get the quicker time goes by? I can't believe Madison is a 2nd grader already! Here are some pictures of a few of her books for 2nd grade. The reason I love this curriculum is that the books are so wonderfully rich. I don't think I have ever been excited about books before, since I've never been a big reader, but I can't help but get excited about what we will be learning this year. From Good Queen Bess to Robin Hood, History of the World to how do Dinosaurs fit in to the Bible. We also have a ton of great read-aloud stories and new readers for Madison...even her very own bible she can read by herself!

I also started a mix of PK and Kindergarten for Adrienne. Even if I wanted to put her in school now I couldn't since the cutoff in PA is Sept 1st, so I feel good about not starting K just yet with her. She is a very different learner than Madison, who used to beg me to teach her to read. With A I'll need to go a little slower to build her confidence. She is just starting to get interested in looking at books & writing letters & numbers & I hope to keep that going.
Here's a shot of the girls on the first day of COMPASS. This month at COMPASS Madison with be learning about US History & celebrated the 4th of July on Sept. 4th and Adrienne learned about the letter A and about the word Responsibility. They both had a blast. It was also nice to run errands with only my son. We went furniture shopping and stopped by Petsmart to look at the "wizzards"...(that's lizards spoken by Matthew). Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: