Friday, March 14, 2008

My Testimony, part one

Last Sunday, CJ Mahaney spoke at our church and gave his testimony. He also spoke about how being a mature Christian means that you are always aware of what Christ has done, what He has saved us from, and often recall the day He revealed Himself to us. It made me think of that day...

A Sunday morning in March 1996, at Full Gospel Assembly in Brookhaven. Tracy, my friend from Aetna US Healthcare, invited me there after many conversations in the fitness center I used to work at. She got up on the small stage & began to sing this song from the book of Romans...
"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes."
I began to cry because the Holy Spirit began convicting me of my sin & directing me to the cross. To the place where God's own son bore the wrath of every single sin past, present & future, and took my place, paying the penalty I deserved! What great love!! I never knew...until that moment. I walked forward and knelt down at the front with Pastor Weed. He prayed for me as I confessed to God. Since that day I have not & will never be the same. I am filled with a joy & peace that surpasses all understanding. At that moment I also realized that God had filled within me what had been missing all along...it was Him! For 24 years I had been running from God...convinced I was in control & convinced I had it all together...boy was I way off!
There is so much more to this story that I will try to share it as I am able. Just typing this out gives me sweet joy & gratefulness...Lord, thank you for saving me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was reading this and was compelled to share with you how much I have seen God change you and transform you into the Godly women you are today. Are you perfect? no. But you are a women that sees this and understands that it is only through what Christ has done. You are an example to me and to your children. I know that God will continue to use you. Thank you for your testimony.

SHMILY