Thursday, July 3, 2008

Home Improvements Are a Pain in the Neck!

Can you believe they put this thing up so quick!! It is alot bigger than I thought it was on paper. We LOVE the dormer. Bill & I crawled through the girls' bedroom window to see the layout on the second floor...what a view!!
Well the title of this entry probably sounds like I'm being ungrateful & complaining. Let me explain. Last night my neck went completely out of whack. So much so that I could not lift my head off the pillow or move my left arm. Picture my poor gimpy husband trying to help me move my head & attempt to fix my neck at 3 in the morning. I'm crying & he's exhausted and cannot see because his contacts are not in...not a pretty sight! Bill prayed & got me Tylenol & Advil & a hot washcloth. I finally fell asleep on the couch from 4-7.
So this is what I'm learning about myself. I'm pretty easy going. I don't get stressed alot...atleast outwardly. Well I am realizing that the stress of doing the addition & making decisions, Bill & his knee...are all adding up. Making my shoulders bunch up & creating a poor situation for my old neck. Yes I am getting old. My knees grind, my ankle is arthritic and now my neck acts up when I'm stressed. I am reminded of the verse in 2Corinthians..."So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison."
Yes...so true. I need to be reminded that this affliction is exactly that...slight and momentary. We are so grateful to see the Lord's blessings...one being built even as I type.

No comments: