Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another Crazy Day

Most of you heard about my son Matthew and the incident at Home Depot. Here is a picture of my baby's ear...poor guy. He is doing fine today so I thought I'd share the whole story here.The AC was going to be off at our house most of the day as we were getting a whole new unit put in that would heat & cool the addition as well as the existing house. Of course it was going to be in the low 90's and humid...so we planned to try to be out of the house & in AC most of the day. We went to breakfast at Tom Jones (Bill & Madison are big Blue Ribbon Special fans) and then headed over to Home Depot to look at ceiling fans for our new bedroom. While walking through the store I made a quick left turn to look at some vanity samples & Matthew must have followed me. A second later I heard him screaming and all I saw was this vanity & sink lying on my son with the sink pressed into his head. I pulled it off him and noticed a bleeding ear & a bruise across his head. It was so scary...I started praying right away & so did Madison. Matthew & I took the ambulance to the ER where he quickly perked up (after some Motrin)...he seemed fine. There was some swelling on his head but no "step down" as they call it which can be a sign of a fracture. The doctors observed him for an hour and he was released. We arrived home at 3:30 to an air conditioned home...thank God. It was certainly a scary day. All I can say is that I believe God protected my son from a serious injury. The vanity had one of those sinks that juts forward, making the vanity...which was just standing in one of the isles...extremely unsteady. As for me...I'm just about done seeing doctors, surgeons and ER's. I'm ready for vacation!!!!

No comments: