Thursday, July 24, 2008

Crazy Summer Update


I love this picture my dad took of the kids. It makes me think of how summer should be...happy, calm, relaxing and fun. Those are not the words I would describe this summer...though there have certainly been special memories made...Dutch Wonderland, birthdays, and Linvilla Orchards. Stressful, busy, scary, messy, chaotic...are words that seem to fit better. Even though the summer has been this way it does not mean God is not in control, loving & faithful. I know he sees the big picture..."He works ALL THINGS for the GOOD of those who love Him". I am holding on to that truth. So here's an update on all the Roths...

Bill's doctor apt was this morning. He called praising God...happy & upbeat. The doctor could not believe how good Bill's knee looked. Usually the surgeons need to drain the knee the first post-op visit but Bill had "no swelling" in his knee! (Answered prayer #1). He can now bend the knee to 90 degrees and walk on it in the brace. He begins Physical Therapy today as well.

Matthew is doing well. We saw the doctor yesterday & she thought the ear would heal normally and the swelling on his head went down. (Answered prayer #2).

They begin putting up drywall in the garage, bedroom and bathroom today. We also hired a painter who will paint within our budget. We were going to paint ourselves but with Bill's knee we figured it would be better to hire someone. (Answered prayer #3).

Madison is doing well wearing her new orthotics. It is hard to keep sneakers on her in the summer. Adrienne is happy & healthy and really growing tall & lean. We are all looking forward to our vacation down the shore in August. So that's all for now. I hope everyone reading this is enjoying summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey for doing this. I know that it has been a summer that we didn't expect. In fact it has been a better one than I could have expected. Sure I tore my ACL and I am in a brace this summer BUT I have had more time with the family than any other summer in years past, I have been home to help with decisions about the home improvement, and I have seen God himself grow my wife more than I have ever seen him grow her. If you ask me, God has blessed us with a great summer of growing in our trust in the Lord. I love you honey.