Monday, May 12, 2008

Trip Home

We returned home late Saturday night from our trip home to NY. It was hard to say goodbye to Grandma but also nice to be with the whole family. We had many opportunities to talk with cousins, old friends and neighboors who came to pay their respects to Grandma. The kids did well but started to get sick towards the end of the trip...lack of rest and change in weather didn't help.
Here is a picture of my sister, brother and I with our Papa. I cannot comprehend the grief he must feel. He has been telling my dad & Auntie Jan that he is ready to "go". When I ponder that I remember something I read recently. Because we were created by God, and for God's purpose, our real home is not this Earth...but rather our home is heaven. It is the place we were created for. It is natural for us to long for Heaven...for the place where every tear is wiped away, there is no more pain, no more suffering, no more saddness.
Here is the link to a great book by Randy Alcorn called "In Light of Eternity". http://www.amazon.com/Light-Eternity-Perspectives-Heaven/dp/1578562996
It describes heaven from a biblical account & it talks about heaven in great detail...much more than our own imaginations provide...(heaven is not a place where we float around all day with angels playing harps...it is so much more!) Check it out if you have the time. In the mean time let's continue to pray for my dad, Auntie Jan & my Papa.

No comments: