Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day


As I sit here in my cozy home at my new computer typing, with happy kids tucked into bed, my husband close by, I can't help but think about how many young men & women are away from their families and cozy homes and also how many families will never see their sons, fathers, brothers and sisters again. These soldiers are fighting for me. They are fighting for my husband and for my kids. They are fighting an enemy that seeks to kill me & my children, my family, & my neighbors. An enemy that will stop at nothing...in the name of a false god.
So tomorrow as I am enjoying a picnic with my husband, my children & my friends, I will remember how much my freedom cost and not take for granted all that I have & all that I have been given. I will remember the story of the soldier who threw his body on the grenade to save his brothers next to him in the line of fire. I will remember the story of the soldier who lost his life attempting to retrieve his fallen brother's body from the enemy. I cannot comprehend the courage these men had. Let us never stop praying for our soldiers in Iraq & Afghanistan, and also for the families who have lost loved ones.
"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person-though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die-but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:6-8)

No comments: