Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Tribute to My Mom





We are leaving today to travel to my hometown, Grand Island NY for my Grandma's funeral so before I left I wanted to post a little tribute to my mom for Mother's Day this weekend.

The word that comes to mind when I think of my mom...Devoted. She traveled to all of my gymnastics meets to cheer me on (even though she hated watching beam). Her & my dad drove many miles to drop all 3 kids off at college and cleaned all of our dorm rooms before we moved in. She put together hundreds of care packages to send to us all while we were away...complete with homemade stuff & all the treats she knew we liked. After I gave birth to each of my children, she came to stay with us for atleast a week and even 2 after I had Matthew & had to go back into the hospital. She cooked, cleaned, did wash, changed diapers, kissed booboos and was a means of grace & comfort to me during rough post-partum days. She taught me many things about being a good mom...even all the little songs I still sing to my kids. She also sends gifts to the kids at every holiday...yes every holiday...complete with outfits, shoes, toys & treats.

I could go on & on about my mom. So let me end by saying...

I love you mom. Thank you for your love to me & my family over all these years, and for being devoted to being a mom & a Gege! The lessons you have taught me whether by words or by actions will be passed on to my children & to theirs!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!

No comments: