Saturday, April 4, 2009

Papa's Rainbow



My Papa died yesterday morning of Congestive Heart Failure. My dad called me to tell me the sad news. We were all anticipating it so it didn't hit me right away. When Bill got home from work he said we were going out to eat. As we were getting into the van, we saw a huge rainbow. Bill said, "That's for Papa" and then it hit me. We went to Wendy's and sitting next to us were two little old guys just chatting away. As they got up to leave, the one man looked at Matthew, smiled and asked him how he was doing. They both chuckled as they left. Bill and I both started to cry. I just wish my Papa had more time with his great grandson. We will miss you Papa.

4 comments:

Christina said...

I'm a long time lurker and just wanted say I am sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Chrissy...that was nice.

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

This was beautiful! Thank you..Chrissy.

Auntie Janice said...

Hi Chrissy,
Finally got to your blog. It was just beautiful what you said about papa. I know he is finally happy. He is with grandma and God.
Love you, Auntie Janice