Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Latest Project


Oh and was it a project! We have these bar stools many of you have sat on in our kitchen. They were blue &....getting really gross. I used to wash the fabric with a sponge but the stains that covered the fabric were beyond what any sponge could fix. So I found this fabric and loved it's boldness & colors & thought it could hide stains well (you have to think this way if you have young messy kids). I thought I would cover them quickly & easily with my new staple gun. Yeah, that's not exactly what happened. After 3 staples go in perfectly, I ran out. I had to take a trip to Kmart praying "please have staples!" Got the staples BUT they weren't the right size so they would only go in half way & they were busting my staple gun apart every time. Bill was not happy , because of course he had to work the cranky staple gun. After staples were literally flying around the room (as well as tempers), and me having to pound each staple in with a hammer...here's the finished product. So if you are coming to our home this weekend, or any time for that matter, I'd better hear you say you like my chairs!!! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey, did I tell you how much I love the chairs! They look great!

SHMILY