Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Indians Find a Home


 We are into our second full week of school and really enjoying American History. We are learning about the North American Indians and Madison has really enjoyed pretending to be an Indian princess and watching Pocohantis.I said to Bill, "maybe you can build a tepee for the kids in the backyard." He just looked at me funny. This weekend a huge tree limb fell from our big tree in the backyard and landed just like this.

Bill and I both looked at it and knew right away what to do with it.

Of course!!! Build a tepee! The kids loved it. We brought out a basket with pretend food, a net for Matthew to catch fish with and a sword to defend the family from the white-faces. I'm not sure the kids will remember most of what I teach them, but I am pretty sure they'll remember their tepee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I love the new look. great job keeping me up to date on everything. tell the indians I said "how".

SHMILY