Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Swim Team

Saturday was Madison's first official swim meet. She competed in the 25 meter backstroke & the Freestyle relay. She did excellent and had a really good time hanging out with her new swim team friends.
We think backstroke will be her stroke due to her excessive shoulder flexibility. After her race she asked Bill, "Daddy did I come in last place?" And Bill said, "Yeah honey, but you were excellent!" She kept movin those little arms and never gave up...(she was also the littlest one racing against kids much older). We were so proud of her. I cried (I know I'm such a sap!)...because my little baby's not so little anymore, and because I now know what it was like for my parents to watch me from the stands all those years...it's not easy all those emotions...your excited for them, scared, nervous and proud...all in one short moment. "GO MAD GO!!!!"

No comments: