Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Another Great Sonlight Book

Bill just finished reading "Little Britches" by Ralph Moody to the kids last night. What a great book. Bill, myself & the girls were all crying at the end. The story takes place on a ranch in Colorado in 1906. We read about Little Britches in school dealing with a bully, how the family escaped a tornado, and struggled to just put food on the table. We read about faith and honor & standing up to do the right thing. The father dies from an infection after a horse accident in the end (sorry if I spoiled it for you:). Here is an excerpt from the last paragraph:

"Father had always said grace before meals; always the same twenty-five words, and the ritual was always the same. Mother would look around the table to see that everything was in readiness; then she would nod to father. That night she nodded to me, and I became a man."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crying? Crying? I don't think I was crying. I might have been misty eyed, but not crying. I loved the book though.