Friday, October 2, 2009

Apple Pickin'



Yesterday was beautiful and a little cool...perfect for apple picking at Linvilla Orchards. We met Bill there, grabbed a wagon and 2 crates and had a blast. We found some nice Macintosh (our favs), Reds, and Goldens and last night we enjoyed Apple Crisp with melted caramel and whipped cream...yum! I treasure these times with Bill and the kids. They fill my heart with joy. I am a blessed blessed woman. Thank you God for my husband and my children. I do not deserve the lavish blessings you pour out on me!!








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went and picked apples this past weekend...Ben was more interested in picking apples off the ground, but he got the idea!

----Carolyn

Anonymous said...

The apple picking was great and continues to give me great memories. All we have to do now is teach Matthew that he can't just take one bite of an apple he picks and throw it away. Well atleast he was liking them.

Anonymous said...

Maybe God is Blessing you because YOU do deserve it! Ever think of that?

Christina said...

Carolyn...hey those apples are easy to get at! So funny...I love the age that Ben is at.

Christina said...

Interesting thought and very kind of you "anonymous"; however I respectfully disagree. I happen to know what is in the depths of my heart...and often it is not pretty. The bible says we all sin and fall short of God's glory. We all are dead until He makes us alive through His wonderful salvation. Not to be preachy but...If we all went around believing we deserved more than what we have...it would leave us bitter, arrogant, and sef-absorbed...BUT if we believe what the bible says, that blessings come in spite of ourselves but because of God's wonderful mercy & love for us...that leaves us with much gratefullness & thanksgiving in our hearts!